On 6 March 1911, BLS became a Bulgarian Academy of Sciences. The first President of BAS is Ivan Geshov.
The First Law on BAS was promulgated on 1 February 1912.
In 1913, the “Journal of BAS” was first published.
In 1914, a commission was set up for the development of a project for the compilation of a complete dictionary of the Bulgarian language comprising A. Teodorov-Balan, B. Tzonev and Iv. A. Georgov.
On 15 June 1916, a committee was set up for publishing documents on the Bulgarian history comprising Yurdan Trifonov, Jordan Ivanov and Vasil Zlatarski.
On 9 June 1918, the first elections of new members of BAS took place.
In the picture: Ivan Geshov