The primary aims of the Journal “Series on Biomechanics” are to provide a means of communicating the advances being made in the areas of theoretical and applied biomechanics highlighting the interface with other multidisciplinary fields and with up-to-date technologies.
The Journal will also focus for the importance of new ideas and useful applications in different areas, in order to assure a valuable impact of the biomechanics on the knowledge and the know-how in the future.
The Editorial Board and the Bulgarian Society of Biomechanics will stimulate close relations with other journals and societies in the field of biomechanics and related areas. The Journal Site will provide the necessary information.
- Mechanics of biological tissues and systems: experimental testing and modeling, computer simulations, biomaterials and artificial organs, flow-tissue and flow-prosthesis interractions.
- Molecular and cellular biomechanics: analyses of biomolecules and cells, membranes and sub-cellular structures; the effects of he mechanical environment on the cell and tissue response.
- Rheology of suspensions and physiological flows: theoretical and experimental interdisciplinary studies, determining and characterizing deformation and flow properties as well as flow of biological fluids.
- Dental Biomechanics: design and analysis of dental tissues, prostheses and implants.
- Functional Tissue Engineering : the role of biomechanical factors in engineered tissue replacements and regenerative medicine.
- Orthopaedic and Injury Biomechanics: mechanics of fracture and fracture fixation, mechanics of implants and implant fixation, mechanics of bones and joints, artificial joints. mechanics of impact and trauma.
- Clinical and Rehabilitation Biomechanics: musculoskeletal mechanics, gait analisys, prosthetics and orthotics, new rehabilitative and assistance technologies.
- Sports Biomechanics: mechanics of sports movements, performance, modeling, instrumentation and equipement.
- Modelling, Simulation and Medical Imaging: 3D modelling and simulation, medical images processing.
- Applications of Biomechanics in: mechatronics, robotics, bioengineering, biotechnology, medical physics and techniques, man-machine interraction.