In 1870, the first issue of “Periodical Journal of the Bulgarian Learned Society”, an organ of BLS, was published, with Editorial Board: V.D. Stoyanov, T. Peev, A. Teodorov-Balan, D. Mollov and others.
That was the first Bulgarian scientific and literary-critical journal. It was published in Braila in 1870-76 and in Sofia in 1882-1910; since 1911, it has been renamed “Journal of the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences”.
In the same year, many patriotic Bulgarians donated funds for the development of BLS.
In 1871, the first honorary member of BLS was elected: Gavril Krastevich, a Bulgarian scholar and a public figure.
In the picture: donation receipt issued to Vasil Levski